Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin

Jane Austin has never been my favorite author, as the regency era is not an interest to me, but this was a good book. It is the story of two sisters, the elder, Eleanor, a self-sacrificing, completely mature girl and the younger, Marianne, a fickle, immature girl who seems to care for nothing but herself. This is the setup for a lot of novels written about this era, in my opinion, but Eleanor is such a good character that you just have to love her. Of course, everybody likes books about self-sacrificing heroes (or heroines), but Marianne sets it off well to make a good book. I really enjoyed it and might read it again sometime, though I'm not much one to reread books. I would suggest it to anyone who wants to read a Jane Austin, as it was the only one I ever liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment